Compliance Certification Intensive Course
August 5 – 7, 2020 • Boca Raton, FL
The HET Difference:
There are a lot of compliance courses that go over the same material without telling you how to use this information to improve your program. Your leadership wants to know how the compliance program contributes to the organization and how your program compares to what others are doing. This course teaches the elements of a compliance program in terms of how you can use them to increase overall organizational effectiveness. Best practices for all program elements are presented.
Topics & Agenda
Day 1 - August 5, 2020: “Compliance- The Essentials”
Not only does an organization need to have a healthy and collaborative culture for the compliance program to be successful, it needs a strong foundation of basic compliance principles. This program segment addresses the basic components necessary to establish and maintain an effective compliance program.
- 8:30 am: Registration
- 9:00 am: Compliance Trends
- 10:00 am: Integrating Quality & Compliance
- 11:00 am: First Line of Defense
- 12:00 pm: Lunch
- 1:00 pm: Compliance Investigations I
- 3:00 pm: Risk Assessment
- 4:00 pm: OIG Work Plan
Day 2- August 6, 2020: “Tools for Success”
- 9:00 am: Core Compliance Training
- 10:00 am: Governance Essentials
- 11:00 am: Conflict of Interests
- 12:00 pm: Lunch
- 1:00 pm: Effective Mgmt of Whistleblower Risks
- 2:00 pm: Compliance Investigations II
- 4:00 pm: Risk-Based Compliance Auditing
Day 3- August 7, 2020: “Compliance Challenges and Emerging Risks”
Compliance professionals are often so busy with the daily chores of maintaining a compliance program that there is little time to reflect on new and emerging compliance risks. This program segment will identify some of these risks, as well as a means for staying abreast of new compliance risk areas.
- 9:00 am: Legal Compliance Basics
- 10:00 am: Compliance Program Assessment I
- 11:00 am: Current Regulatory Update
- 12:00 pm: Lunch
- 1:00 pm: Using Compliance Surveys
- 2:00 pm: Compliance Program Assessment II
Certification Intensive Courses include a faculty of experienced compliance professionals, subject matter experts and leaders of key government agencies.
The faculty for this program is still being updated.
Please return to this page for the latest additions to the faculty.
August 5 - 7, 2020
Boca Raton, FL
$1,095 Government / Academic
For further program details,
call us at +1 (703) 683-7916
or click to download the program brochure below.
(PDF Updated: March 5, 2020)
Certification & Continuing Education
The Compliance Certification Intensive Course provides innovative education while meeting all of the educational requirements to receive or renew the CCP or CCE credential. The Compliance Certification Intensive Course is also the most cost effective program offered by the Trust. Not only can CCPs and CCEs renew their credential in one sitting; those with certifications through other organizations can earn CEUs (see below) through this course. The design of this program was driven by HET members and the Trust’s Education Committee.
Our certification programs began before other folks could spell ‘compliance.’ Our credentialing programs continue to grow within stable basic assumptions:
- Individuals of many backgrounds (law, ethics, accounting, audit, theology, business, military and law enforcement) become effective compliance officers. This diversity is a positive attribute of the field.
- Certification is an objective, independent process intended to raise the status of compliance as a field of professional endeavor.
- Certification has both educational and experiential components.
- Ethics and integrity are essential to the success of compliance professionals.
CEU's Towards External Certifications
Health Ethics Trust courses carry credit towards a number of external professional certifications and educational requirements. This education activity has been approved by the Compliance Certification Board (CCB)® for 25.8 live CEUs.
The course will be held at St.Andrew’s Estates, 6045 S.Verde Trail, Boca Raton, FL.
A block of rooms has been reserved at the Marriott Boca Raton, 5150 Town Center Circle, Boca Raton, FL, at a group rate of $129 per night.
The cut-off date for this rate is Friday, July 3rd, 2020.
The most convenient airport is Ft. Lauderdale International Airport (FLL), 20 miles south of Boca Raton. The hotel is 2 miles from the conference location; a shuttle to the course will be provided as needed.
Choosing a Course is a Big Decision
We welcome your questions. Get in touch by using the linked form below or by calling us at 703-683-7916.